Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 2 - Sugar Shock

I am at the end of day 2!
Today wasn't too bad. Sugar and I were at war! Mid morning I had the craving for sugar...I tried to ignore it...I just couldn't! I wanted to grab the first thing I saw with sugar! Instead, I went to see Cindy in her office and she offered me 3 Jolly Ranchers...Hot Cinnamon or Cinnamon Rush...I don't recall! It worked!!!! As a side note, these work really well as a laxative too! I don't know what is in those, but I had a rough afternoon!
I found myself hungry after lunch, (I had a turkery sandwich). So, around 2:30 I inhaled 2 Special K bars...I don't recall chewing them! It worked. At that point, the "old" me would have gone to the vending machine for a candy bar, skittles, etc.
Around 4:00, Sally brought a yogurt to my desk, which was very thoughtful! I think she's mind reader because I was starting to get hungry again! Thanks Sally!
So, I wasn't as hungry today. I had egg beaters and sausage links for breakfast and yes, it was deeeeeeeeeeeelicious! For lunch was the turkey sandwich and for dinner, I had a Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad at McDonald's while Logan had his cheeseburger happy meal. I had protein with all my meals...thanks for that advice Jan!
Everyone at work as been so supportive and it's great! They won't be with me this weekend...I only hope I make the right decisions!
Did I cheat today? Did I go off track? Yes...and that's ok! I took a couple of bites of Logan's cheeseburger! I didn't have any fries though!
I drank almost 60oz of water and only had 2/20oz Diet Pepsi, one in the AM and one with dinner tonight.
Not bad overall! We'll see how Day 3 goes!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I haven't been a good friend here so far. Eating right is so hard for me too. I have been snacking on our Farmer's Market finds though. I hope you have too!

    ReplyDelete